Volunteer in one of our urban community gardens! Volunteering with PACT provides a great opportunity for caring community members with the right stuff to be part of a team of dedicated and passionate people.
Examples of how you can volunteer with PACT:
- Volunteer as a gardener at one of our various community or Grow to Learn (GTL) Schoolyard Gardens.
- Organize and host a third party fundraiser.
- Become a PACT Social Entrepreneur and bring your gift to the table!
To volunteer in one of the PACT Grow-to-Learn Schoolyard Gardens, send an email to email@example.com.
Self Directed Process for becoming a PACT Volunteer:
PACT is a non-bureaucratic, de-centralized and grassroots organization and for this reason our process for volunteering is straightforward and mostly self-directed.
Here is the step by step process for becoming a volunteer with PACT:
1) You should start by exploring our website so that you can learn all about PACT and determine in what area and capacity you would like to volunteer with our organization.
2) Then you will complete and submit the online application.
3) A PACT representative will then contact you to answer any initial questions and put you in contact with the appropriate party on the ground so as to determine how and when you can come out to fully explore the related volunteer opportunity and learn more about the specific area of the organization that you are interested in getting involved with.
4) Once you have met with the appropriate Project Lead or PACT point person and have experienced the opportunity first hand, and it has been determined that you will become a regular volunteer with PACT, you MUST sign a confidentiality agreement (information about youth in conflict with the law is sensitive and confidential) and complete a Vulnerable Sector Police Background Check form (Important: you must have successfully completed a Vulnerable Sector Police Reference background Check before having any one on one contact with youth in our program). In most cases the PACT Project Lead or point person should have copies of these forms for you to sign onsite, and always reference the PACT Police Background Check Policy and Procedure for more info.
5) Finally, if you will be officially volunteering with PACT in any capacity on a regular basis you will then contact Ben Marshall (416-656-8824 or firstname.lastname@example.org) so as to formally register as a volunteer with our organization and so as to sign any outstanding and required documents, have any final questions answered and receive any additional information you will need in your volunteer role with PACT.
*After sending completed form, please scroll to bottom to confirm that your application was sent. Thanks,
[contact-form-7 id=”1744″ title=”Volunteer”]